- Samsung Galaxy S4 for SALE even before its Release Date by some Sellers
- Apple Sells Three Million iPads in Three Days
- Sony Xperia Z Release Date, Specs, Price and Review
- Alcatel One Touch Smart 916 Android Smartphone is Blackberry’s New Rival
- STC Offers Google Maps For Devices Running On Android 4.0 Or Higher
Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD has numerous remarkable improvements as compared to its earlier versions.
Some of the notable features of Amazon Kindle Fire HD include
- A better definition display- The Kindle Fire HD has a display with a 720p resolution (1280X800). Removing the air gap between the LCD on the bottom and the touch sensor on the top of the display has led to 25% less glare.
- HD camera in the front- An important improvement from the earlier versions, enabling the use of Skype with Kindle Fire
- Bigger storage capability of up to 32GB- As compared to the earlier version, there has been a 400% increase from 8GB to 32 GB storage capacity.
- Dual antennas enables quicker downloads- For the first time a Tablet is available with Wi-Fi Dual Band, dual antenna enabling 41% faster downloads as compared to iPad 3 and 51% faster as compared to Google Android OS equipped Nexus 7.
- Introduction of the 8.9 inch model
- 3G and 4G LTE wireless connectivity capability
- Dual speakers- Dual-driver stereo speakers for virtual surround sound
- Better Battery Life- 11 hours of battery life which is a big jump from 3 hours from the previous model
Notwithstanding these features there are many downsides of the device from Kindle Fire HD. Some of the features which needs to be improved includes-
- No Expandable memory- No slot for a SD card. Though the storage capacity is 32 GB still it would have been better if there was a provision for expandable memory. However the provision for unlimited space for Amazon content on their cloud makes up to this drawback to a certain extent
- No rear camera – Absence of the rear camera makes it impossible to take pictures in the front. However it would look a bit out of place to take pictures with a Tablet.
- No GPS – The Tablet can do a great job as a GPS and it would have been nice if Kindle Fire HD had this feature.
- Camera Picture Quality wanting- The picture quality demands improvement. The pictures are grainy especially in dim light.
- No NFC – A feature which is available in Nexus 7 Tablet is absent in the Kindle Fire HD.
- No Siri like feature – Featured in the iPad 3 and also in Samsung Galaxy S 3 and Galaxy Note 2 as S Voice.
However most of the drawbacks can be steered around with features and applications. In conclusion the Kindle Fire HD more than compensates the drawbacks with its features and economical price.