- Sony Xperia Z in Stock (Unlocked): Rush Now!
- Angry Birds Movie Confirmed for Summer 2016 release
- Xperia TX: New Name for the Sony LT29i Hayabusa
- New photos of iPhone 5 Front Panel leaks on web, shows minimal height increase over iPhone 4S
- Google Maps for iPhone and iPad new version update now available with added features
The new iPhone 5 is out now – and we have been receiving lot of enquries regarding the best iPhone 5 insurance program. Within first weekend of its launched, it has registered a record 5 million sales. The iPhone 5 pre-orders went live from 14 September and it has been released on September 21st in 9 countries. Most of the buyers has already got their new baby in their hands. So, it’s time to think about how to protect your new baby – The iPhone 5.
The cracked screens, damaged corners, and liquid accidents are most common causes of iPhone damage. The new iPhone 5 has built-in touch sensors right into the display screen, if you crack it, you’ll have an expensive toy for your kids.
The new iPhone 5 which has been purchased from Apple or its partners comes with a limited one year warranty, offering hardware repair coverage and up to 90 days of free telephone support. But the official warranty doesn’t cover liquid damage, cracked screens or other types of user-persuaded damages.
So, we have prepared a handful list of options which can be used to protect your iPhone 5 easily.
iPhone 5 Insurance and Damage Cover Options
1. AppleCare+: You can enroll for AppleCare+ which costs $99 for two years. Apple allows 30 days from the date of purchase to iPhone 5 users to enroll for this plans. It covers spills, damaged screens, and few other accidental damages. But what about if your iPhone will be stolen? The loss due to theft is not covered in this plan, so you can feel sad and say bye-bye to your expensive iPhone 5.
2. AT&T’s mobile insurance: AT&T mobile insurance is a good option available to protect your iPhone 5 but it is a bit expensive. AT&T two years iPhone 5 insurance plan costs $199, which is twice the price of AppleCare+ protection plan offered by Apple. But it protects against broken, lost, stolen, and drowned devices, even when out of warranty. A value of money if compared to AppleCare+ plan.
New users can enroll in AT&T’s mobile insurance plan within 30 days of activating the new iPhone 5. It costs $6.99 per month.
3. Verizon Same as the AT&T mobile insurance plan, Verizon offers insurance protection coverage for lost, stolen, and damaged phones, with up to two claims per year for $199 per claim. It also provides coverage for your phone after Apple’s limited warranty expires. However, users must enroll within 30 days of activation. It costs $9.99 per month.
4. SquareTrade, Inc.: It offers very attractive and cheap iPhone 5 insurance plans against the drops, spills, and other damage, but does not protect you against loss or theft. It costs $99 for two years and $129 for three years and users must buy the insurance within 90 days of purchase.
It offers both 2 years and 3 years warranty options for the iPhone 5. SquareTrade allows you up to four repairs or replacements and have to pay a $50 deductible amount per claim afterwards.
5. Worth Avenue Group iPhone Insurance: starting with the type of damage coverage it provides to your iPhone 5 are against drops, spills, theft, natural disasters, and more. Worth Avenue Group offers one, two, or three year coverage period with unlimited repairs and replacements. However, the one-year plan can costs up to $89 with a $50 deductible per claim depending on the iPhone 5 model you have.
It may be a good idea to go for plans offered by the third party insurance company as the plans and protection offered by AT&T and Verizon are bit costlier. If you are aware enough, secure your iPhone 5 before regretting for it.
You can take a look at our iPhone Accessories column, where you can find some cool real tough and useful iPhone 5 cases and covers to protect your new baby.