- Download new version of Twitter for Android and iOS app
- Apple vs. Samsung Case: Now it’s time for Samsung to sue Apple for patent violations
- Sony Xperia Ion: Detailed Review of the Entertainment Smartphone
- Motorola Droid 4 Pics, Specs, and Availability
- HTC One V Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile) Price on Deal
Microsoft Windows 8.1 release date is coming closer and may be the end of this month; Windows 8.1 will be officially available to download as a free update for Windows 8 users.
If we look closely at Windows 8.1 preview version, which is available for free to download and try at Microsoft website, we will find that it is an overhaul update for Windows 8 initially. The new version will add few essential missing features in Windows 8 such as the Start Button and better search option.
Before getting ready for Windows 8.1, here is the list of eight new Windows 8.1 features and improvements you should be aware of:
Windows 8.1 Features
1. The Start Button is back: While developing the Windows 8, the developers at Microsoft decided that with the advent of Start screen there is no requirement of Start button anymore. But when they’ve received the millions of feedbacks from users complaining about the Start button, Microsoft decided to bring the iconic Start button back in Windows 8.1.
2. More customizations: Windows 8.1 brings new options to personalize the Start screen, Lock screen. The lock screen can be customized with your favorite photo or a slideshow of photos. Pin tiles to your Start screen for the people, sites, and apps that matter to you, and arrange them the way you want. Like on Windows Phone 8, the tiles on Start now come in more sizes and give you more options for arranging them. Group them and pin a lot of tiles, or keep it simple and pin just a few.
3. Deep Cloud and Web Services Integration: Windows 8.1 with a Microsoft account brings together all of your Windows 8.1 PC’s or tablets–and even your Xbox console or Windows Phone using SkyDrive. It’s the place to save your photos, docs, and other files, so you can get to them from virtually anywhere. The new Bing search service is now integrated with the Search charm, which now works across your device, apps, and the web.
4. Windows To Go with more features: With Windows To Go in Windows 8.1, the Windows Store is enabled by default. Windows To Go users may roam to any number of machines and access the Windows Store and use Windows Store apps.
5. Broadband Wi-Fi hotspot tethering: The mobile broadband Wi-Fi hotspot tethering is one of the most missed feature in Windows 8, but with Windows 8.1 the Wi-Fi hotspot service is back just like the Windows 7.
6. Internet Explorer 11: The Windows 8.1 will feature the new and improved Internet Explorer 11. IE 11 improvements include faster page load times, side-by-side browsing of your sites, enhanced pinned site notifications, and app settings like favorites, tabs and settings sync across all your Windows 8.1 PCs.
7. Boot to Desktop: The new configuration options available in Windows 8.1 will allow you to boot directly to the desktop in Windows 8.1.
8. New Snap View: Windows 8.1 brings more ways to see multiple apps on the screen at once. You can resize apps to nearly infinite sized windows, share the screen between two apps, or have up to three apps on each monitor.
These are the best eight notable features of Windows 8.1 according to me. If you have tried Windows 8.1 Preview, what are your favorite Windows 8.1 features?