- BlackBerry Messenger 7 Released with BBM Voice Feature, now BBM 7 lets you make phone calls via Wi-Fi
- Apple iPad Mini Rumors: Shortage of iPad Mini units at launch
- Huawei to Bring IceCream Sandwich 4.0 on MediaPad Tablet
- Apple iOS 7 Beta 6 for iPhone and iPad now available to download
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Release confirmed, will be launched in next few hours
Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphones are receiving the XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware version update all around the world which will be fixing a number of issues primarily concerning overheating and poor battery issues.
The latest update can be applied to any Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone, which is unlocked. Among the many issues which the latest update has tackled include:
- Enhanced Camera features,
- Overheating bug fixed
- Crashing app in some games has been addressed
- Touch Wiz Launcher bug fixed
- S Cloud
The first step which should be effected is to get all the data in your Galaxy S3 19300 backed up. Tools like KIES or ROM Manager is a strict no since backing up data by using the above tools will create problems to restore data correctly.
For backing up SMS use the “SMS Backup & Restore app”, for Contacts, Sync with the Gmail application. For Call Logs use the Call Log and restore option while images, Songs, Videos and files can be copied to the internal memory of the smartphone or on the external microSD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Complete the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that you have full battery power before effecting the update. You will not want to have the update terminated in between due to battery backup insufficiency.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin to your computer.
- Extract both files on to the desktop and open the Odin on the computer
- Switch off the Galaxy S3 to enable Download Mode
- Connect the Galaxy S3 with the Computer via original USB cable
- ID: COM section will turn yellow implying that the drivers are installed. If the ID Com section does not turn yellow there are two possibilities. You need to install the latest version of the KIES and so also disable all antivirus. Second possibility could be the USB cable is faulty.
- Click ‘PDA’ to ‘Select’ and then click on the ‘Start’ to start the update.
- Disconnect the Galaxy S3 only after you see the Language Settings
Let us know how your Galaxy S3 is working after the update.