Galaxy S3 I9300 has finally received the Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Jelly Bean ROM. This tab is the latest entrant to the jelly beam party, previously and firstly it was received by Nexus devices such as Nexus 4, 7 and Nexus 10 along with the Galaxy Nexus I9250). Now it is accessible for Galaxy S3 I9300. With the help of tutorial given below, you can update you Galaxy S3 I9300 handset to Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 jelly bean. Step by step the tutorial will guide you about installing this update on the tab.
Points to remember before installation
- Before proceeding, keep in mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9300 handset. Don’t try on other galaxy variants, as it will not work there.
- Make sure that USB drivers are installed correctly on your computer.
- Back up all your important data and settings on the phone, as this installation will wipe all data from your phone. For data backup you can use ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery tool. A backup image for your existing phone set will be created with CWM.
- Don’t use Samsung skies as it will not detect your device.
- Just be sure that you are working on Mode – USB Debugging.
- Battery should be at least 85% charged.
Necessary stages for installing Android 4.2.2 or Jelly Bean ROM on Your Tab
- You can download Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) for your tab Download Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM as well as Google Apps on your computer.
- By using USB cable, attach and mount your device’s mass storage with your computer.
- Copy Android 4.2.2 ROM along with the Google Apps to your phone’s SD card root. Not in any other folder.
- Turn off your phone and unplug the USB cable.
- Keep Pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. It boots your phone into recovery mode.
- Do complete data clean as a preliminary step in ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery. Now navigate to the flash zip file residing on SD Card and then to opt it, now, press power button.
- Again push the key for power on/off and then choose the option “Choose ZIP file from Your SD Card”.
- While utilizing volume up/down keys to Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM zip and by pushing power on/off key you can select it. The installation will start on immediate next display by confirming the ROM installation.
- After completion of installation select “go back” and restart your phone by choosing reboot system now. The phone will take Approx 5 minutes to boot. Have patience. Here, it goes. Finally, Android 4.2.2 cyanogen mod 10.1 Jelly Bean Rom is installed on your Galaxy S3 I9300.