- Packard Bell launches EasyNote – TE and EasyNote -TV, two cheap and affordable laptops
- Rumor: Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept features foldable, flexible display
- Google Gives Motorola a Shot at Redemption by Sponsoring the Manufacture of the Moto X Press
- Canon PIXMA Photo Printer, Scanner : Christmas Holiday Deals, Discount on Photo Printers
- iPad Mini will Soar Over Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus: How Apple Always Succeed?
The popular social magazine application Flipboard is now available for Android tablets. This announcement from developers is like a Christmas gift for Android tablet users. The app was made available to the Android smartphone users, six months back.
Those out of you, who are not familiar with Flipboard; it is a magazine-style app which enables the users to get the feeds from their Facebook and Twitter accounts. Along with that, Flipboard also displays feeds from user’s favorite websites.
According to Eric Alexander, head of international development at Flipboard, the Android Tablet version of this app is announced by getting inspired from accelerated adoption of Android tablets over the past few months.
“With the new devices that Samsung, Amazon and others have brought to market in the recent months, we see the adoption of Android tablets growing quickly,” Alexander said in a statement. “As more people buy Android tablets for themselves or others over the holidays, we wanted to make sure Flipboard is part of their tablet experience and deliver on a top request from our readers.
Flipboard’s age turned to 2 years on this August. On that occasion, Flipboard revealed that they had 20 million users.
Flipboard’s app has been available for iOS users since its launch, and was made announced for Android smartphones, Kindle Fire tablets, Noble’s Nook line in this June. Now it is available for Android tablets as well.
As the company has more than 20 million users already, so it will be interesting to see that up to which mark, this announcement will take Flipboard to.