- Microsoft to launch Xbox Music Service on 16th October to challenge iTunes and Spotify
- Foursquare launches Android, iPhone app for merchants
- Unlocked Sony Xperia Z now available at Best Buy for $899
- The New iPhone 5 and iPad Mini will be identically same in design, says Chinese source
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3 Price Drop at Sprint, AT&T, Verizon ahead of Galaxy S4 Release on Contract
The wait of iPad users is finally over as Google today announced the update for one of its YouTube app. This new update is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPad and is also available now in iTunes Stores.
It was back in September when Apple announced that none of its device will have pre-installed YouTube app. Google then released the first YouTube app for iPhone.
The original YouTube app released by Google was optimized only for the iPhone and iPod touch keeping the iPads out of the loop. The app needed a retooling to get fitted for the iPads.
Apple devices used to come with pre-loaded YouTube apps since the inception of iPhone in 2007.The brawl between Apple and Google frayed for long and Apple abolished the inbuilt YouTube app from its devices.
The inbuilt YouTube app in the Apple devices was quite popular among the users. It was not fully featured like the official YouTube website but was made as per Apple standards.
The latest update of YouTube app has a very well optimized interface for the iPads. The updated YouTube app also supports AirPlay allowing the users to enjoy the streaming music with the AirPlay enabled receivers like Apple TV.
With the new and updated YouTube app, the users can now add or remove the preferred videos from the playlist. It also allows an easy access to the VoiceOver and provides a single click access to the Channel Guide as well. The best part with the new update is that videos start quicker and run with less interruption.