- Android Jelly Bean Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 beats S3,to become the next flagship of Samsung
- Amazon Kindle Phone Release Date: Android powered Kindle Smartphone coming early 2013?
- BlackBerry 10 Release Date: Pictures of the BlackBerry X10 and BlackBerry Z10 leaked online before official release
- iOS 6 With Background Multitasking
- Google Nexus 10 hits breathes new life for Android tablet applications
It is almost two months since the announcement about the iTunes 11 and Apple had promised that it will release the update i n November. It has managed to keep its words but, just. The last couple of months had been turbulent and saw two senior executives leaving Apple because of the Mapping application fiasco. It could be possible that Apple was making double checks to ensure that there are no hiccups with the iTunes 11 release.
The iTunes 11 comes with a refurbished and user friendly interface and also attempts to remove some bugs which was associated with the iTunes 10. It also has a number of unique features which includes-
- Streamlined good looks
- Introduces the Up Next song queuing feature
- Unified search across all your media
- Capability to stream previous purchases from iCloud
The iTunes 11 can be downloaded free from the following sources-
- The App Store in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Software Update in Snow Leopard or Lion
- Directly from Apple ( it requires OS X 10.6.8 or later)
When the user opens the iTunes 11, he is greeted by a edge to edge grid display featuring album covers from the music library. The familiar play back controls are present at the top left corner and to the top right are the search field and the middle area is where the now playing is displayed.
One of the best features of the iTunes 11 is that it has gathered together the applications which was scattered all over the display of iTunes 10 and it is now displayed in a bar above the album grid display. Users can switch over different media types such as films, shared iTunes libraries on the web via a popup menu which is situated just below the playback controls. The buttons on the side gives access of the iOS devices to the iTunes stores
Clicking on the album will give a detailed view of the album’s songs. If user is not much impressed by the new look of the iTunes 11, and would like to have the interface of the iTunes 10 they can do it without much hassle. One more important change in the interface is the unified searching across all the media libraries regardless of the fact that it is music, movies, and TV shows, as well as apps, podcasts, and books. Another important feature is the option to view the songs which are in line to be played next with the help of the Up Next features.
Often users claim that they are handicapped by the paucity of space on their device which is filled with albums and movies and TV shows. Now at least you don’t have to store the media files on your hard disc. iTunes 11 displays all the songs which you have bought and you could directly play it from iCloud. There is no need for you to download files to your hard drive.
In conclusion one can say that the iTunes 11 is a worthy successor to the iTunes 10 and the new update will definitely augment the pleasure of listening to music.