- Samsung Series 5 Ultra 13 Touch Windows 8 Ultrabook Specs review and features
- HTC One Specs and Display Feature defeats every other smartphone in Display Clarity and Pixel Density
- Steve Jobs’ last interview broadcasted on CBS news
- Sony Xperia Z Rumored to release on T-Mobile, clears FCC tests
- Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone 8 Release Date, Specs and Features details, amazing Lumia Camera
The 7 inch Tablet market is a very dynamic place and many things are happening and changing. The launch of the 7-inch segment was seen by many as a competitor to the regular tablets of the 9.7 inch genre. However Lenovo sees it in an altogether different light.
The Lenovo 7-inch IdeaTab will be competing with the large screen smartphones and not PC’s said the Lenovo’s CEO. The growing 7 inch screen phablets will be competing more with the smartphones than the laptops and tablets.
The market has been more receptive to the 7-inch tablets than a 10-inch tablets. This is considered a strong signal that the tablet will not replace the PC, feels Lenovo Chief Executive Yang Yuanqing who was speaking at the company’s second-quarter earnings conference call on Thursday.
Lenovo Chief Executive Yang Yuanqing “The market accepts the 7-inch [tablet] better than the 10-inch. That’s a very strong signal; the tablet will not replace the traditional PC. Probably, the tablet will compete with the large-screen smartphone rather than the PC,”
Many smartphones sport very large displays like the 1,280×720 resolution 4.8-inch Samsung Galaxy S3. It is no surprise if tomorrow we see a smartphone featuring a 5 inch+ screen.
Yuanqing also talked about the increasing popularity of touch screens and feels that it will soon become a regular feature in traditional PC’s. He further added that the convertibles-the name coined for laptops which can be converted to a tablet ill become more popular than the traditional laptops with touch screens.